PUBLIC MASSES ARE NOW PERMITTED UNDER STRICT COVID GUIDELINES
MASS IS ALSO AVAILABLE VIA PARISH RADIO / WEBCAM
If you feel unwell or are showing symptoms that might suggest Covid-19 infection
or if you have been in contact with someone who has Covid-19,
please do not attend
• Maximum capacity for each church is 50 people In line with recommendations received from Bishop Fintan, where a church is bigger and can safely accommodate larger numbers, there is an increased capacity permitted attending for Mass. Therefore, we can accommodate 80 people at Mass in St. Cronan’s Church Roscrea.
Weddings and funerals are capped at 50 people regardless of size of premises
• Social distancing of 2m must be observed at all times
• Hand sanitisers are available at entrances to churches – please use before entering
• It is mandatory that people attending wear masks throughout their time inside the church – it is not essential for Under 13s to wear
• There will be one entry point and a different exit door – stewards will guide people
• The handshake for the Sign of Peace is suspended
• To receive Holy Communion, people will come up to the priest, bench by bench, and return by the side aisles to the same seat (if church has side aisles)
• Face coverings must be worn coming up for Holy Communion
• Holy Communion will be distributed in the hand only
• When Mass has ended, people are asked to exit by the other doors in the church
(if church has other doors)
• Social distancing is essential when coming up for Holy Communion
and exiting the church
• Baskets for collections are prohibited – boxes will be left out
for people who wish to contribute
• Newsletters should not be shared – once handled, please bring home the newsletter
• Holy Water Fonts must remain empty until the HSE advice on this changes
• After Mass, please ensure you do not leave anything which might carry infection behind, including prayer cards, leaflets, masks, gloves
The Sunday obligation is suspended presently.
Due to the fact that only 50 people are allowed in the church, (St. Cronans Roscrea allowing 80 people)
we ask people to give as many people as possible an opportunity to gather in the church for Mass. Perhaps people might listen via parish radio or watch on the webcam at home on some days to allow others a chance to attend.
Outside speakers are in place in some of the churches presently and in the near future, they will be fitted in the churches that don’t already have them.
Holy Communion will be distributed to those who are outside.